Monday, 17 November 2014

Christmas at Starbucks

I love food! My evening at Starbucks.


I thought I would start of this evening with a bit of a lifestyle and food blog, I really hope you enjoy this one!

As Starbucks now have a Christmas menu, I have taken it upon myself to basically have everything off the Christmas menu, except coffee drinks as I don't like coffee.

Picture from Starbucks.co.uk

I think the Christmas drinks menu looks great! A little disappointed they do not have as wide of a range as Costa, but I guess I can try everything quicker!

Now as I don't like coffee drinks what I do is ask for a hot chocolate with one of the syrups that go in the festive coffee drinks, for example, this evening I asked for a gingerbread hot chocolate. That way I get to try everything! The gingerbread hot chocolate was nice, just a hint of gingerbread, not overpowering. To order this, just ask for a hot chocolate with Gingerbread syrup, all syrups are an extra 50p and all the festive drinks include whipped cream on top, and you can add a little chocolate powder, if you have an extra sweet tooth like me.




My evening at Starbucks^^ check out the cup, name spelt right!!

I still have to try something with Eggnog! But I had a sip of my boyfriends Toffee Nut Latte, not really a fan, would definitely taste nicer in chocolate!! And this explains the reason I have had to join the gym.....

As you can see in the picture above there is some delicious food which I am going to review further down. 

In an earlier visit to Starbucks I ordered the Honey and Almond Hot Chocolate, to be honest I couldn't really taste the honey but the almond flavour made the hot chocolate extra smooth and a little bit more sophisticated than my usual toppings of marshmallows! They also add chocolate sauce on the top of the whipped cream, so it really is chocolatey. My boyfriend was not really a fan of the almond flavour but I felt it definitely complimented the hot chocolate well. 

This year at Starbucks they have some fantastic Christmas mugs and accessories, including adorable tree decorations and tumblers/flasks. I purchased the Silver Metallic bead tumbler and the London Christmas edition mug. 



       




















The silver metallic bead tumbler is really beautiful, is has a textured effect all over, it looks as if tiny silver raindrops cover the tumbler, very Christmassy. This also looks very stylish, a fashionable way to carry your drinks around.

I have a few Starbucks mugs already, just a few of different places I have been to or people have given me from holidays etc, I really love them so if you already have the black London mug, then the Christmas edition replaces the black with gold and some pretty snowflakes. The London cityscape on the mug is also slightly textured with the windows on buildings being indented into the mug, this gives it a more realistic look and adds some great detail. 

Starbucks Christmas Food


I am only going to talk about the panini's as the panini's are one of my all time favourite foods and ultimate snacks, just so many flavours and options to choose from. Something very delicious easy to create. 

Picture from Starbucks.co.uk

There are really some great items on the Christmas menu, I am especially glad to see a gluten free option.

I had the Turkey and Bacon feast this evening it was really delicious, something I think all Starbuck's panini's could do with is a bit more sauce inside. You get a good amount of turkey and bacon and the cranberry and stuffing just add to complete that christmas touch. All the flavours compliment each other, would buy again, this has been my favourite so far.

My boyfriends favourite and my runner up is the Steak and Gorgonzola panini, the Gorgonzola is really powerful, there is nothing bland about this panini! It is also nice to see an alternative to the traditional turkey, especially if you more of a fan of red meats. 

Sometimes I prefer to have a vegetarian option now and again, also probably a bit healthier too! I love cheese so when I saw there was Brie in a panini I just had to try. Brie is one of my favourite cheese all time, probably at the top of my list f not a close runner up. I love a bit of Brie with on a cracker with strawberry jam and this panini reminded me just of that. As Brie can be quite strong the cranberry helps to "soften" down the cheese and add a bit of sweetness. It is a lovely combination and something I will definitely be attempting to make at home. I love simple things to make with minimal ingredients (the student way).

Forgot to mention I also had the white chocolate, cranberry and orange cookie, definitely a must have!

Thanks so much for reading this, I would love to read any comments about your favourites from the festive menu and if anyone has bought anything from their Christmas shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment