Bringing out the showstoppers!!
This year I have treated myself to some MAC gift sets! The only other cosmetics I have by MAC are some items from The Simpsons collection, which I need to do a very belated review on!! I've been quite lucky with the fact each set I purchased is a different glitter colour!
These were bought from a MAC shop, but are available online as well.
Keepsake MAC Studio Brush Kit- £42.00
This brush set comes in a sleek cream glitter makeup bag, adorned with white pearls. I love the fact with all of the Christmas Mac sets the glitter does not fall off, leaving you looking like you've just taken a glitter shower.
If you have bought this and are yet to open be aware that the brushes are taped to the box inside and are not actually in the bag, I panicked big time and thought I didn't get the brushes!
What brushes do you get?
- Powder Blush Brush in 129 (normal price £28.00)
- Foundation Brush in 190 (normal price £27.00)
- Tapered Blending Brush in 224 (normal price £23.00)
- Fluff Brush in 213 (normal price £19.00)
- Eyeliner Brush in 209 (normal price £16.50)
The brushes from left to right are Tapered Blending brush, Fluff brush, Eyeliner brush, Powder Blush brush and Foundation Brush.
All of these brushes are in a special edition Christmas white colour, and are travel sized, but the actual brush heads are the same size as the regular brushes, maybe a millimetre smaller. The MAC represented pointed this out to me. By purchasing the brushes in a set you save a huge amount! The cost of all these brushes separately is £113.50 and by buying the set at £42.00 you save £71.50!! Talk about a bargain buy...
Objections of Affection- Gold and Beige, Pigments and Glitter- £26.00
A little heads up if you do buy these, the bottles are quite fiddly and have a tiny lid you need to take off to access the pigment/glitter. If you have shaky hands be careful! I accidentally jogged myself and nearly showered my desk with some pigment, and as these are so nice and a little expensive you do not want to waste any. Although buying the pigment separately is more expensive, I think you can get larger pots for £17.00 each so overall this is good value.
The packaging these come is by far my favourite from the sets I bought, the pigments come in a dark grey glittered box with a plastic bottom, with a dark grey cameo on top. The plastic bottom to the box has black beads going around. And the glittered part acts as the lid, as you can see from the picture above. This box does not come in a card box like the other sets I bought.
A little goes a long way....
You really do not need much, I actually used what was on the tiny lid in the bottle, and there was enough product for me to do a decent sized swatch, enough for eyelids, did not need to dip my brush in once.
I have done a swatch test, the glitter was hard for me to take a picture of, and I don't think I have done these pigments much justice so apologies, as they really are lovely. I have numbered the swatches 1-5 and you can follow the shades in the set by going from left to right.
Keepsakes- Beige Eyes- £32.00
These eyeshadows are beautiful, not only do the colours look amazing, they go on like butter, and really shine. There are 8 eyeshadows in this set, you get a really even blend of matte and shimmers, 4 of each. I have only tested them and I am already in love...
I really feel like I am going to have to invest in some other eyeshadows from MAC, anyone have any favourite colours or colours to recommend to me?
I really feel like I am going to have to invest in some other eyeshadows from MAC, anyone have any favourite colours or colours to recommend to me?
The packaging is simply adorable too! Presented in a black glitter case with a black cameo on top and black beads surrounding the edge. Inside there is a large mirror and small dual ended applicator brush.
I have done a swatch test, the lightest shade I have numbered as 1, also first eyeshadow in the set is very pale, and as I am very pale, does not show up that well, so apologies! I have labelled the eyeshadows 1-8 and if you look at the eyeshadow set you can follow these shades from left to right, top to bottom.
Thank you for reading! Has anyone else bought anything from the MAC holiday line, if so let me know.

.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment